This mischievous recital celebrates works inspired by the Devil: From Tartini's Devil's thrills, written after the composer dreamt that he had sold his soul to the devil, to the infernal whirlwinds of Saint-Saen's Danse Macabre and Dompierre's Les Beauties du diable, composed specifically for La Pieta. Angele Dubeau is one of Canada's most prominent recording artists, and is the founder and director of La Pieta. This CD is packaged with a bonus DVD featuring video clips and live concert excerpts.
1) Danse Macabre
2) Overture to 'Orpheus in the Underworld'
3) Devil's Trill
4) Beautes Du Diable
5) Amor Brujo
6) Mephisto Waltz No. 1
7) Diable Matou
8) Caprice No. 24
9) Reel Du Diable
10) Sinfonia Op. 12 No. 4 "Nella Del Diavolo"
11) Paint in Black / Sympathy for the Devil
12) Once Upon a Time the Devil
15) Medley: Paint It Black / Sympathy for the Devil
16) The Devil
17) Selection Includes Concert Excerpts and Previously Unreleased