The late Red Allen is considered to be one of the most important exponents of the "high, lonesome sound," the epitome of bluegrass singing. Red Allen's spirited vocals and strong rhythm guitar make him one of the greatest innovators in bluegrass while remaining true to his roots, playing it straight and singing it with soul. Smithsonian Folkways presents this remarkable album plus six never-released cuts and additional selections from four later Folkways albums.
1) Little Maggie
2) Somebody Loves You Darling
3) New Camptown Races
4) Are You Afraid to Die?
5) Sweetheart You Done Me Wrong
6) Are You Washed in the Blood?
7) Deep Elem Blues
8) Ground Hog
10) The Little Girl and the Dreadful Snake
11) I'm Just Here to Get My Baby Out of Jail
12) Shake Hands with Mother Again
13) All the Good Times Are Passed and Gone
14) When My Blue Moon Turns to Gold Again
15) Can You Forgive?
16) Old Joe Clark
17) Knocking at Your Door
18) Green Apples
19) Hello City Limits
20) Victim to the Tomb
21) Are You Teasing Me?
22) My Sweet Love Ain't Around
23) Dig a Hole in the Meadow
24) I'm Waiting to Hear You Call Me Darling
25) Stone Wall
26) Troubles Around My Door
27) I Guess I'll Go on Dreaming
28) Christian Life