Yo-Yo Ma celebrates the life of Antonin Dvorak on this all new compilation featuring Ma in performance of some of the composer's greatest work. This commemorative collection features the most popular of all cello concertos; Dvorak's haunting short work for cello and orchestra "Silent Woods," plus three other short works by Dvorak that have been transcribed for cello two with orchestra and one with piano.
1) Concerto in B minor for Cello and Orchestra Op. 104
2) Klid (Silent Woods) for Cello and Orchestra Op. 68 No. 5
3) Slavonic Dance No. 2 in E minor Op. 72
4) Humoresque No. 7 in G-Flat Major Op. 101
5) Songs My Mother Taught Me from Gypsy Melodie Op. 55
6) Humoresque No. 7 for Piano in G Flat Major B. 187/7 (Op. 101/7)
7) Songs My Mother Taught Me (Als Die Alte Mutter) Song for Voice ; Piano