This new releae of music by Eniojuhani Rautavaara, the elder stesman of Finnish music and one the most important composers of our time, featues a divers selection of his pieces. The main here is the world premeire recording of the 1997 on the Last Frontier ofr chorus and orchestra, inspried by the Edgar Allan Poe work of the same name. It's a very rich and accessible workd of lush and beautiful soundscapes, where mysticism and nature are entwined. The Flute Concerto is a moving, exciting piece, well suited to the instrument, and is performed by world famous French flutist Patrick Gallois. An early orchestral composition, Anadyomene, presnts some of Rautavaara's most colorufl writing.
2) Flute Concerto Op. 63 (Dances with the Winds 1975): I. Andantino
3) Flute Concerto Op. 63 (Dances with the Winds 1975): 2. Vivace
4) Flute Concerto Op. 63 (Dances with the Winds 1975): 3. Andante Moderato
5) Flute Concerto Op. 63 (Dances with the Winds 1975): 4. Allegro
6) A Fantasy for Chorus and Orchestra 1997: On the Last Frontier