In their 1st collaboration since the Oscar-winning Schindler's List score, violin star Itzhak Perlman joins composer/conductor John Williams for this exploration of some of the most beautiful themes ever written for film. Recorded with the Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra (with arrangements by Williams, Elmer Bernstein and Andre Previn), this album offers powerful, lyrical interpretations of the music from such modern film classics as the Color Purple, Scent of a Woman, Il Postino, Cinema Paradiso and more.
1) The Color Purple: Main Title
2) Scent of a Woman: Tango (Por Una Cabeza)
3) Yentl: Papa Can You Hear Me?
4) Il Postino: Theme
5) The Age of Innocence: Theme
6) Far and Away: Theme
7) The Umbrellas of Cherbourg: I Will Wait for You
8) Four Horseman of the Apocalypse: Theme
9) Sabrina: Theme
10) Out of Africa: Main Title
11) Black Orpheus: Manha de Carnaval
12) Schindler's List: Theme
13) Cinema Paradiso: Love Theme