This recital, Heroique, is American tenor Bryan Hymel's first studio recording for Warner Classics. One of the opera world's fastest-rising stars, Hymel is the winner of the 2013 Olivier Award for Outstanding Achievement in Opera for his trio of performances in Les Troyens, Robert le Diable and Rusalka and London's Royal Opera House. The New York Times praised his unflagging stamina and impetuous abandon during his 2012 Metropolitan Opera debut as Enee in Les Troyens, for which he was presented with the Metropolitan Opera's Beverly Sills Artist Award. This album's imaginatively conceived program showcases him in repertoire that he has made his own on stages such as the Metropolitan Opera, Covent Garden and the Bavarian State Opera: opera in French that demands a thrilling heroism in both voice and style and a top register of outstanding brilliance, since the album offers a grand total of 19 top C's. Hymel will be singing at opera houses throughout the United States in 2015, including at the Lyric Opera of Chicago in January, Dallas Opera in March, San Francisco Opera in June, Santa Fe Opera in July and August, Washington National Opera in September, and the Metropolitan Opera beginning in December.
1) 01. Rossini: Guillaume Tell Asile Héréditaire... Amis Amis Secondez Ma Vengeance
2) 02. Berlioz: La Damnation de Faust Nature Immense
3) 03. Verdi: Jérusalem Je Veux Encore Entendre Ta Voix
4) 04. Verdi: Les Vêpres Siciliennes Ô Jour de Peine Et de Souffrance
5) 05. Berlioz: Les Troyens Inutiles Regrets
6) 06. Gounod: La Reine de Saba Inspirez-Moi Race Divine!
7) 07. Meyerbeer: L'africaine Ô Paradis Sorti de L'onde... Conduisez-Moi Vers Ce Navire
8) 08. Massenet: Hérodiade Ne Pouvant Réprimer Les Élans de la Foi
9) 09. Reyer: Sigurd Esprits Gardiens de Ces Lieux
10) 10. Bruneau: L'attaque Du Moulin Adieu Forêt Profonde
11) 11. Rabaud: Rolande Et Le Mauvais Garçon Chante Vieux Jardin Ta Chanson de Cigales