November marks the 40th anniversary of the first concert ever performed by The Tallis Scholars. To celebrate this impressive milestone in the group's spectacularly successful career, Gimell Records presents a new recording of John Taverner's resplendent Missa Gloria tibi Trinitas. Conductor Peter Phillips explains, "I chose to celebrate our 40th anniversary with Taverner's Missa Gloria tibi Trinitas because I believe it to be one of the greatest compositions ever to have been written in England - a perfect ambassador for the repertoire we have made our own." the disc also includes Taverner's Magnificats for four, five and six voices.
1) Missa Gloria Tibi Trinitas Gloria 11.45
2) Missa Gloria Tibi Trinitas Credo 10.38
3) Missa Gloria Tibi Trinitas Sanctus ; Benedictus 9.17
4) Missa Gloria Tibi Trinitas Agnus Dei I II ; III 9.39
5) Magnificat for Four Voices 11.04
6) Magnificat for Five Voices 13.23
7) Magnificat for Six Voices 13.13