How to prepare an iPhone for trade in
Not sure where to sell iPhone? Decluttr is the best place to trade in your old devices; we’ll even lock in the best price for 28 days! Before trading in your iPhone, there’s a few things you’ll need to do so nobody has access to your data such as contacts, messages, apps, passwords and financial information.
Read on to learn more about how to erase iPhone for trade in and what to do before selling your iPhone!
What to do before selling my iPhone?
Wondering how to prep iPhone for trade in? There’s a few things you’ll need to do before you send your iPhone to the next user, including backing up all of your data you want to keep and resetting your iPhone. This is to make sure nobody has access to your private information.
Here’s the main steps you’ll need to carry out before selling your iPhone:
- Unpair your Apple Watch or any other devices still connected to your iPhone
- Back up your iPhone to iTunes or iCloud
- Sign out of iCloud and iTunes
- Turn off Find My iPhone
- Erase all of your iPhone’s data by resetting it
- Remove SIM
How to erase iPhone for trade in
Thinking ‘how do I clear iPhone for trade in?’ It’s a really easy process and makes sure no one has access to any of your private data. Before you start resetting your iPhone, any information you want to keep needs to be backed up to iCloud or iTunes.
Just follow these easy steps to reset your iPhone!
- Go to Settings and General
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and choose Reset
- Choose Erase all Content and Settings
- Enter your passcode if required
- Enter your Apple ID password
- Choose Erase
- The erasing process should take a few minutes depending on how much there is to delete
- Once the process has completed, the welcome screen will appear
How to unpair Apple Watch
Is your Apple Watch still connected to your iPhone? It’s easy to forget, so make sure you double-check and unpair your Apple Watch when preparing to trade in your iPhone. Just follow these easy steps:
- Put your iPhone and Apple Watch together
- Launch the Watch app on your iPhone
- Choose the My Watch tab
- Select the Apple Watch you want to unpair and choose the info button next to it
- Tap Unpair Apple Watch
- Tap to confirm
- Enter your Apple ID password when prompted to
How to factory reset iPhone
Once you’ve backed everything you want to keep from your iPhone, you can now factory reset it. It’s a really easy process, just follow these steps:
- Go to Settings
- Choose General and scroll to find Reset
- Tap Erase all Content and Settings
- You’ll need to type in your passcode if required
- Enter your Apple ID password
- Choose Erase
- It should take a few minutes and then the welcome screen should appear which means the factory reset is complete
For more information, check out our ‘how do I wipe or clear my iPhone before reselling’ post!
Where can I sell my old iPhone?
Decluttr is the best place to trade in iPhone! We’re rated Excellent on Trustpilot and we’ll lock in the best price for 28 days, giving you enough time to upgrade.
Thinking, how to sell old iPhone? Just follow these easy steps to trade in with Decluttr!
- Tell us the condition, storage and whether your iPhone is locked to a network or unlocked
- Put your iPhone into a secure box and ship it to us for FREE!
- Our Fast Next Day Payments means you’ll get paid the day after we receive your iPhone
Plus our Tech Price Promise means you’ll get paid the first price we offer or we’ll return your iPhone for FREE!
Where can I sell a locked iPhone?
Here at Decluttr, we accept locked and unlocked iPhones. We pay on average up to 33% more than carriers, so lock in the best price with us for 28 days.
It’s really easy to sell your iPhone by carrier, just follow these steps to trade in a locked iPhone:
- Tell us the condition, storage and which carrier your iPhone is locked to. Choose from AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint and Verizon.
- Put your iPhone in a secure box and ship it to us for FREE
- Get paid the day after we receive your iPhone, thanks to our Fast Next Day Payments.
Where can I sell my broken iPhone?
If you’ve got a broken iPhone, don’t worry! You can still get cash for it with Decluttr. Just follow these steps on how to sell broken iPhone:
- Choose the condition of your iPhone and make sure to categorize it as faulty. Tell us the storage and whether it’s locked or unlocked
- Pop it in a secure box and ship it to us for FREE
- Get paid the day after we receive your broken iPhone, thanks to our Fast Next Day Payments
For more information, head over to our sell broken phones page.
Whether you’re upgrading or want to make some extra cash, trade in your old iPhone with Decluttr or head over to our sell cell phone page today!