Selling Your Stuff - Quality Assessment (DVD, CD, Blu Ray and Games)
All DVDs, CDs, Blu-Rays and Games sold to us are checked by our quality control team during our quality assessment process. Decluttr will not make payment for, or return to the sender/seller/user any DVDs, CDs, Blu-Rays or Games if one or more of the following conditions exist:
- If ANY of the original disks from the original item are missing;
- If the disk in the case does not match the cover and/or sleeve notes;
- If some, or any, of the cover and/or sleeve notes are missing;
- If the cover and/or sleeve notes OR the disk are irretrievably damaged and cannot be refurbished (e.g., the disk is cracked or very badly scratched or the cover and / or sleeve notes are water damaged, ripped or torn);
- If the cover, the disc artwork and/or the sleeve notes are defaced in any way;
- If Decluttr suspects the product is non-original, counterfeit, fake, or illegal in any way. Please note, this matter is taken very seriously and Decluttr reserves the right to take further action as appropriate regarding non-original copies, counterfeits, or illegal copies. Please see the section above titled "Selling Your Stuff – General Conditions" for more information;
- If when quality assessed by our team we find that the CD you have sent to us and/or valued on our site, is in fact not a CD album but a CD single we reserve the right to fail that item and under our Terms and Conditions deal with that item as we do with all items that fail quality assessment;
- If the barcode you entered is NOT identical to the barcode on the item you send to us and/or if the barcode is not evident on the cover, disc artwork and/or sleeve notes of the item received;
- If no barcode is present;
- If any Game does not have all the original instruction booklets in addition to the original artwork; or
- If any Game is sent to us in a format that we do not accept, as described below.
Where DVDs, CDs, Blu-Rays and Games are rejected for any of the above reasons, Decluttr’s decision is final. Decluttr will inform users if one or more of their items have failed quality control via email updates and/or through their Decluttr online account.
We only accept Games on the following formats: Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo DS, Nintendo 3DS, PSP and PS Vita. Games in these formats will be accepted by title based on the valuation or Offer Price provided. Accepted formats may change without notice, so please check these Terms & Conditions prior to creating a transaction with us. For clarity, we DO NOT accept PC Games.
All Books are checked by our quality control team during our Quality Assessment process.
We have a right to reject, recycle and make no payment for any items that do not pass our Quality Assessment at our own discretion.
We have a right to reject, recycle and make no payment for any books that have not been processed at our warehouse within twenty eight (28) days from the date that you place your order, at our own discretion.
IMPORTANT: we will not pay for or return any Books that fail our Quality Assessment. Any Books delivered in any of the following conditions will fail the Quality Assessment at our absolute discretion.
a) There is substantial damage to the Book’s front cover. Please note that “substantial damage” is completely at our discretion.
b) You do not attach the label provided in your Pack & Send Guide to the Package.
c) An item differs from the description provided when you completed your order. We accept Books using the ISBN number to identify each individual item.
d) The Book has damaged, missing or defaced (including annotations, highlighting or written notes and drawings of any kind) pages.
e) The Book has visible damage or discoloration caused by liquid, mould or deterioration over time.
f) The Book is missing its dust jacket, or any other kind of cover provided when you first purchased the book.
g) We suspect that the product is ‘non original’ in any way.
h) The Book has an ISBN number that is not identical or evident on the cover, front or back to the number you entered on our website to receive a valuation.
i) The Book has significant damage to its corners/edges.
When a Book fails our Quality Assessment, the decision is final and your items will not be returned.
What happens if your Books fail the Quality Assessment process?
Any Book which fails the Quality Assessment will be recycled responsibly. It cannot be returned under any circumstances and you will not receive payment for that item. You can view any rejections in the ‘My Account’ section of the website.
If you send a Book which was not included in your order (either intentionally or by mistake), it will automatically fail our Quality Assessment and will be recycled responsibly. We cannot return or pay for any Book which was not valued in your order.
When you place an order on the Website, you agree to us handling your Books in this way and agree that this will constitute sufficient payment for your Item.
You accept and agree to hold us harmless in respect of any loss, material or otherwise, that you may suffer due to disposal of these unaccepted items.